Jowls, the sagging or drooping skin along the jawline and lower cheeks, can significantly impact facial aesthetics and contribute to an aged or tired appearance. While surgical options exist for correcting jowls, many individuals prefer non-invasive or minimally invasive alternatives. Temple filler has emerged as a popular choice for addressing jowls and enhancing facial contours. In this article, we will explore the benefits of temple filler for jowls, its effectiveness, important considerations, and frequently asked questions.
Understanding Temple Filler for Jowls
Temple filler, composed of hyaluronic acid, is a dermal filler commonly used to restore volume and improve facial contours. Although temple filler is primarily used to enhance the temples, it can also be strategically injected along the jawline and lower cheeks to address jowls.
How Does Temple Filler for Jowls Work?
Temple filler for jowls works by replenishing lost volume in the temple area, indirectly improving the appearance of sagging skin along the jawline and lower cheeks. The hyaluronic acid in the filler attracts and binds with water molecules, adding volume to the treated area and providing a lifting effect.
This article was read and reviewed by the face of DR Aesthetica himself - DR Baldeep Farmah.
- Non-Invasive Procedure: Temple filler offers a non-surgical alternative to address jowls, eliminating the need for incisions or downtime associated with surgical procedures.
- Quick and Convenient: The treatment session typically takes about 30 minutes, allowing individuals to resume their daily activities immediately afterward.
- Natural-Looking Results: Temple filler provides subtle and natural-looking results, enhancing facial contours and restoring a more youthful appearance.
- Long-Lasting Effects: The effects of temple filler for jowls can last for several months or even up to a year, depending on the individual and the specific filler used.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is the treatment painful?
- A: Temple filler for jowls is a relatively comfortable procedure. The filler contains a numbing agent, and a skilled practitioner can further minimize discomfort by using techniques such as ice or topical numbing creams.
- Q: How long does the treatment last?
- A: The longevity can vary depending on factors such as the type of filler used, individual metabolism, and lifestyle factors. Generally, results can last between 6 to 12 months.
- Q: Are there any side effects associated?
- A: Temporary side effects may include redness, swelling, bruising, or tenderness at the injection site. These usually subside within a few days.
- Q: Who is a suitable candidate?
- A: Suitable candidates for temple filler for jowls are individuals who wish to improve the appearance of sagging skin along the jawline and lower cheeks without undergoing surgery. It is important to consult with a qualified practitioner to determine eligibility.
- Q: Are the results reversible?
- A: One advantage of using hyaluronic acid fillers is that the results are reversible. In the event of dissatisfaction or complications, an enzyme called hyaluronidase can be injected to dissolve the filler.
- Q: Are there any alternative treatments for jowls?
- A: Yes, alternative treatments for jowls include surgical procedures such as facelifts or thread lifts. Feel free to contact us to discuss which package treatments we have available.
Temple filler for jowls is an effective non-invasive option for enhancing facial contours and rejuvenating the appearance of individuals with jowls. By replenishing lost volume and providing a lifting effect, temple filler can help restore a more youthful and refreshed look. It is essential to consult with a skilled and experienced practitioner to determine the most suitable treatment plan for optimal results.
Do you want to:
- Explore a range of solutions for ageing chin
- Learn why does the chin change as we age
- And learn the common signs of chin ageing?
If that’s so then check out our next article for you here - Say Goodbye to Ageing Chin with These Effective Solutions