Chin fillers are generally quite safe and minimally invasive, with complications uncommon—especially with proper injection technique. That's why it is crucial to only work with a highly skilled doctor who has extensive experience injecting chin fillers. Here at Dr Aesthetica, we only use the highest quality dermal fillers with a proven safety track record. As with other types of dermal filler treatments, there may be some minor side effects such as swelling, bruising, and tenderness. But these usually pass away within a few days after the treatment.
This treatment is appropriate for people of all ages and anyone who wants a better profile. These include:
● People who are genetically predisposed to have a small or weak chin. This is an ideal treatment for young people who are concerned with their appearance.
● Older people who want to restore lost volume in the chin area due to ageing.
● Anyone who wants to fill in wrinkles or lines around the chin.
● Anyone who wants to fill out a recessive chin.
● Anyone who wants to reduce the appearance of a ‘Double chin’.
● Anyone who wants to improve the symmetry of the chin.
Chin filler injections offer instantaneous results, which is one reason why they're so popular among our patients. That said, your final results will be apparent within a few weeks once any swelling has subsided. For the best results, we recommend you avoid applying too much pressure to your chin for the first few days to avoid any displacement of the filler and allow the swelling to go down.
Most people describe feeling slight pressure during injection, but it shouldn't be painful. However, if unsure, we also offer the option of applying a numbing cream to the area to ease any discomfort.
Everyone's body metabolises different filler types at different rates, so it is impossible to say with full certainty how long any dermal filler will last. That being said, on average, chin filler can last up to one to two years before it naturally reabsorbs into the body, and it can be dissolved early with hyaluronidase
if you wish.
If you're interested in learning more about chin fillers and finding out of they're right for you, please call us or book online today.